How to know if it’s an emergency
Emergency dentist in the Hutt
- Are you in severe pain? Extreme tooth ache and bleeding are signs of an emergency.
- Have you lost a tooth? Immediate treatment can potentially save a tooth.
- Are you an adult with a loose tooth? A loose tooth, even without pain, is a serious problem.
- Do you have an infection? An abscess or serious infection in your mouth can be potentially life-threatening, and treatment should not wait. You may notice swelling or knots on your gums or swelling around the face.
- Are you bleeding from the mouth? Consider this as an emergency.
In general, any dental problem that needs immediate treatment to stop bleeding, alleviate severe pain, save a tooth or stabilise an infection is considered an emergency.
In such case give us a call at the Hutt Dental Hub and we will see you immediately. If your call is outside opening hours you should not hesitate to contact the hospital ER.